Saturday, May 15, 2010

Illusion or Free Will

I was considering writhing about righteousness and free will but realize I have no clue what righteousness is. So here I am attempting free will. It seems an oxymoron in my way of thinking. Just a weak example, Jesus asking the father to take this cup from him, but not as I will but as thee will oh Lord.

Everything Jesus did was preordained. He had the ability to recognize his agreed upon mission when he was born. We haven’t a clue about our preordained purposes we agreed upon before we arrived. Maybe only a minute few, may.

However putting the question of pre-destination or fate aside for now, lets look about our daily lives. T.V.. Radio and other media, are constantly and consistently bombarding every moment with ads to try this, do that, save here, spend a little more, see our beaches, on and on……..

Do we really need the latest phone or the most advanced GPS or the most recent gas guzzler? Is my church really better than yours? Is my god the only way to heaven or is there really only one god.

If I miss a day of school why are my parents put under suspicion for truancy? Hasn't truancy been around since routines were invented?

The more I see, the more I realize that free will is another myth, unless you're absolutely alone and are completely self sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment