Monday, April 19, 2010

A note of interest

I was listenting to the radio, as I do when I take Margo to work.  The DJ was sharing a poll she had found about how the american people feel about the government.  The interesting part was that a full 80% of those polled do not trust the government.

It would be interesting to see how that number would be reflected over the past 6 decades.  I'd be willing to bet that it was at least that high after Viet Nam and Watergate.

Of those whom distrust the government it would also be interesting to discover how many feel they have been betrayed either by the government or those elected to office.

Personally I trust the government to do either the opposite of the peoples wishes or if complying to the wishes, messing it up so it can be said they had warned us.

At this point the government seems to be at odds with itself.  It seems even worse than the Macarthy debacle.

As I nearly lost this post, I shall close until...

No comments:

Post a Comment